Hospice of Montezuma
Hospice is concept of care that meets the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of those living with life-limiting illness along with their families using a unique team approach that encompasses a wide range of resources and disciplines. The goal is to improve quality of life from diagnosis through the end of life and bereavement.
- Is physician directed and nurse managed
- Focuses on comfort and coordination of care, rather than on cure
- Emphasizes quality of life, helping patients live fully with the most comfort for as long as possible
- Neither hastens nor prolongs death
- Is provided by health care professionals with the highest levels of certification available in this specialized field
Hospice of Montezuma first began in October of 1985 with a training program for a handful of staff and volunteers. In 1988, we became licensed non-profit corporation in the state of Colorado. With a renewed commitment to providing the best end-of-life care possible, Hospice of Montezuma looks forward to serving the needs of our community in the Four Corners area for years to come.
Hospice of Montezuma is a community non-profit organization of dedicated professionals and volunteers providing end-of-life care, support, and guidance to individuals and families in Montezuma and Dolores counties. Program services include:
- Hospice and Palliative Care in homes for people with limited prognosis and for which the focus of care is quality of life rather than curative treatment. This includes care and support for both patients and their families and caregivers.
- Caregiver Support services are provided in the community at no charge, including references, education, phone support and support groups to support those caring for a loved one.
- Bereavement Services for families and caregivers for a minimum of 13 months after a loss.
We provide care throughout a 75 mile radius of Cortez, Colorado including Montezuma, Dolores, and when possible, portions of San Miguel and San Juan counties. We currently do not provide service over the state lines of Utah nor Arizona.
Hospice care takes place wherever our patients consider as home. Most often, this is their private home. But we also provide care in:
Assisted Living Facilities
Inpatient Hospice Facilities
Our services are provided by a team of trained professionals who provide care and support services not only to the patient, but to the patient’s family and loved ones. Providers include: