The following job opportunities are available. To apply, complete our PDF application (fillable PDF version) and drop it off at our offices: 512 N. Broadway in Cortez, CO. If you need additional information, please call 970-565-4400.
All employees must have a current tDap vaccination and an annual flu shot. Hospice of Montezuma also requires random drug testing.
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of our team!
Hospice of Montezuma is seeking a Certified Nurse Aid (CNA) to join our team. It takes a special person to work with hospice patients. If you are a Certified Nurse Aid with excellent clinical skills, computer literate, and have a compassionate heart, we would love you to join our team.
General Description: The Certified Nurse Aid has responsibility for transportation to and the direct patient care for those assigned individuals as scheduled. Patient Care is provided according to the Plan of Care developed during the Interdisciplinary Team meeting. Schedules vary in duration from 4 to 12 hours and may include days, nights, or weekends. You will also be responsible for communication with families, caregivers, and other staff, be it written, verbal, electronic demonstration, or other media in relation to assignments. Duties may require sitting, standing, walking, lifting, bending, twisting, squatting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, writing, typing, pinching, gripping, bimanual dexterity.
Level of Responsibility: You will provide care under the supervision of a registered nurse.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction and ongoing supervision of the registered nurse, you will provide essential personal care assistance to the patient:
- With bath, care of mouth, skin, hair.
- To bathroom or in using bedpan or commode.
- In and out of bed as well as with ambulation activities as ordered under the care plan.
- With prescribed exercises which the patient and home health aide have been taught by appropriate professional personnel.
- Handing patient medication containers for medications that can be self-administered
- By performing such incidental household services as are essential to the patient’s well being at home.
- With feeding patient when listed in the plan of care.
- Takes a patient’s temperature, pulse, oxygen saturation, and respirations.
Provides emotional support and compassionate care to the patient and family unit:
- Demonstrates listening skills.
- Offers encouragement when appropriate.
- Practices patience in voice and manner.
Maintains required competency and skills:
- Documented initial and ongoing supervision and evaluation by RN on each case assignment.
- Attends at least twelve (12) hours of continuing education programs or approved audio/visuals per calendar year.
- CNA maintains current licensure as required by the State Board of Nursing.
- Maintains current knowledge and practice of infectious disease protocols.
- Participates in an annual performance review.
Performs job duties according to standards of practice:
- Reports any changes in the patient’s condition or family situation immediately by calling the Primary Nurse or Patient Care Coordinator.
- Practices Universal Precautions according to OSHA regulations and HOM policy.
- Adheres to all HOM policies and procedural guidelines.
- Maintains patient confidentiality before and after death.
- Completes all documentation prior to submission of timesheets.
- Participates in Interdisciplinary Team Meetings as requested.
Maintains a positive work environment by acting and communicating with internal and external contacts in a manner that actively promotes teamwork, problem resolution, and customer satisfaction.
Supports Hospice in the community through participation in fund-raising events, speaking engagements, etc.
Experience: Preferred Minimum – two years direct patient care experience in either hospital or community setting. Minimum – experience providing direct care in a home setting.
Qualifications: Documentation of successful completion of a patient care training program at least 40 hours in length. Ability to perform general patient care responsibilities, and safe equipment use. Ability to relate empathetically with patient/caregiver and not impose personal value system on them. Ability to communicate effectively with other health care providers verbally and in writing.
Compensation and Benefits: Competitive salary
Hospice of Montezuma is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team. Registered nurses are the key to our patient and family support. If you are an RN that wants to devote quality time to your patients in their homes, pursuing quality end of life, this is the job for you.
General Description: Hospice of Montezuma believes that primary nursing fulfills the goal of continuity of care for the unique needs of those who are terminally ill or seeking palliative care by establishing and maintaining the plan of care. He/she will collaborate with the primary physician, other hospice team members, and other agencies to ensure safe and appropriate patient care.
Level of Responsibility: You will work under the supervision of the Executive Director and directly supervise Certified Nurse Assistants (CNAs) assigned to patient/caregiver. You will monitor contracted healthcare workers and provides feedback to CNAs and Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess patient condition and needs
- Develop and coordinate a comprehensive and on-going plan of care for each patient/caregiver
- Communicate changes in patient/caregiver condition and care with primary physician and hospice team members
- Counsel the patient and caregiver in meeting nursing and related needs
- Teach patient/caregiver and hospice staff
- Maintains current skills through in-service
- Implement, evaluate, and update ongoing plan of care
- Document all client contacts and care plan changes in patient’s permanent record within 48 working hours
- Is available to patient/caregiver on a regular basis, takes rotation for 24-hour on call, and participates in continuous care.
- Submit all required documentation in a timely fashion, ensuring that compliance/quality assurance coordinators receive materials requiring review 5 days before the certification deadline
- Provide skilled nursing visits and appropriate paperwork when the level of care for the Hospice patient changes
- Teach the patient/caregiver regarding specific aspects of the patient’s care and course of disease in order to facilitate their participation in care
- Function as an advocate for the patient/caregiver, ensuring the patient’s right to cope with his/her disease process and death in the manner he/she chooses, within the scope of the law
- Teach other team members as needed
- Participate in all interdisciplinary team meetings
- Support Hospice in the community through participation in fund-raising events, speaking engagements, etc
- Complete all documentation prior to submission of time sheets
- Maintain a positive work environment by acting and communicating with internal and external contacts in a manner that actively promotes teamwork, problem resolution, and customer satisfaction
- Attend 20 hours of continuing education per year
Experience: Minimum of two years direct RN patient care experience in either hospital or community setting.
Qualifications: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and currently license as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado. Ability to perform general technical nursing responsibilities, administer IV medications, provide nutrition planning, and evaluate equipment function. Ability to relate empathetically with patient/caregiver and not impose personal value system on them. Ability to communicate professionally with physicians and other health care providers on a collaborative level.
Compensation and Benefits: DOE
Technology: All patient care related items will be provided by Hospice of Montezuma.
Required Meetings and Travel: RNs are required to attend weekly meetings. Additional meetings may be required in order to meet specific patient care demands. Daily travel is required; therefore you must have reliable transportation and generous compensation will be provided since you will be using your personal vehicle for company business.
Are you an RN looking for weekend or evening hours? Do you have kids in school or commitments during the week and looking for some weekend hours? Do you want to work a few hours of quality patient care without committing to full time employment? Hospice of Montezuma provides 24/7 care to our patients and we are looking for RNs to help us meet this need.
Requirements: You must live in Cortez, CO or the surrounding area. This is not a remote position.
Don’t see a career opportunity that fits your skill set?
Even if we are not currently hiring for a role that fits your background, we would be happy to accept your application and call you when we have something available.