The following job opportunities are available. To apply, complete our PDF application (fillable PDF version) and drop it off at our offices: 512 N. Broadway in Cortez, CO. If you need additional information, please call 970-565-4400.
All employees must have a current tDap vaccination and an annual flu shot. Hospice of Montezuma also requires random drug testing.
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of our team!
Hospice of Montezuma is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team. Registered nurses are the key to our patient and family support. If you are an RN that wants to devote quality time to your patients in their homes, pursuing quality end of life, this is the job for you.
General Description: Hospice of Montezuma believes that primary nursing fulfills the goal of continuity of care for the unique needs of those who are terminally ill or seeking palliative care by establishing and maintaining the plan of care. He/she will collaborate with the primary physician, other hospice team members, and other agencies to ensure safe and appropriate patient care.
Level of Responsibility: You will work under the supervision of the Executive Director and directly supervise Certified Nurse Assistants (CNAs) assigned to patient/caregiver. You will monitor contracted healthcare workers and provides feedback to CNAs and Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess patient condition and needs
- Develop and coordinate a comprehensive and on-going plan of care for each patient/caregiver
- Communicate changes in patient/caregiver condition and care with primary physician and hospice team members
- Counsel the patient and caregiver in meeting nursing and related needs
- Teach patient/caregiver and hospice staff
- Maintains current skills through in-service
- Implement, evaluate, and update ongoing plan of care
- Document all client contacts and care plan changes in patient’s permanent record within 48 working hours
- Is available to patient/caregiver on a regular basis, takes rotation for 24-hour on call, and participates in continuous care.
- Submit all required documentation in a timely fashion, ensuring that compliance/quality assurance coordinators receive materials requiring review 5 days before the certification deadline
- Provide skilled nursing visits and appropriate paperwork when the level of care for the Hospice patient changes
- Teach the patient/caregiver regarding specific aspects of the patient’s care and course of disease in order to facilitate their participation in care
- Function as an advocate for the patient/caregiver, ensuring the patient’s right to cope with his/her disease process and death in the manner he/she chooses, within the scope of the law
- Teach other team members as needed
- Participate in all interdisciplinary team meetings
- Support Hospice in the community through participation in fund-raising events, speaking engagements, etc
- Complete all documentation prior to submission of time sheets
- Maintain a positive work environment by acting and communicating with internal and external contacts in a manner that actively promotes teamwork, problem resolution, and customer satisfaction
- Attend 20 hours of continuing education per year
Experience: Minimum of two years direct RN patient care experience in either hospital or community setting.
Qualifications: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and currently license as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado. Ability to perform general technical nursing responsibilities, administer IV medications, provide nutrition planning, and evaluate equipment function. Ability to relate empathetically with patient/caregiver and not impose personal value system on them. Ability to communicate professionally with physicians and other health care providers on a collaborative level.
Compensation and Benefits: DOE
Technology: All patient care related items will be provided by Hospice of Montezuma.
Required Meetings and Travel: RNs are required to attend weekly meetings. Additional meetings may be required in order to meet specific patient care demands. Daily travel is required; therefore you must have reliable transportation and generous compensation will be provided since you will be using your personal vehicle for company business.
Are you an RN looking for weekend or evening hours? Do you have kids in school or commitments during the week and looking for some weekend hours? Do you want to work a few hours of quality patient care without committing to full time employment? Hospice of Montezuma provides 24/7 care to our patients and we are looking for RNs to help us meet this need.
Requirements: You must live in Cortez, CO or the surrounding area. This is not a remote position.
Don’t see a career opportunity that fits your skill set?
Even if we are not currently hiring for a role that fits your background, we would be happy to accept your application and call you when we have something available.